Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX620 all-in-one. I updated my

Customer Question

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX620 all-in-one. I updated my MacBook Pro to OSX El Capitan v. 10.11.6 and now the scanner does not work. Do I need to update printer driver?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson Stylus Photo RX620
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Epson Stylus 620 All-in-one Product C11C586001 purchased in 2006 printing from a Mac system OSX El Capitan v. 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My MacBook Pro system was outdated so about 3 months ago I updated the system as a 'patch' to get me through a project instead of buying a new Mac. After that update I could print but have not been able to scan.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this simply a matter of downloading a printer driver that will be compatible with El Capitan?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes, you need to update to latest drivers. Download and install latest scanner driver from here --> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=nKGrQtfEm6kqFiOVaI+ExIFU002FZXLIuLc7QMR9D4aU002FtiwU003D&id=602747

Then download and install this scanner patch --> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=nKGrQtfEm6kqFiOVaI+ExIFU002FZXLIuLc7QMR9D4aU002FtiwU003D&id=602558

Then do a Epson update via this download --> http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=nKGrQtfEm6kqFiOVaI+ExIFU002FZXLIuLc7QMR9D4aU002FtiwU003D&id=626194

Then try to update.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.