Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My computer says that my printer is idle - it is connected…

Customer Question
My computer says that...

My computer says that my printer is idle - it is connected directly to my computer with a printer cable - can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Office Jet 3830 - maybe a year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We added a new router recently and since then we have had some issues with things

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you able to make copies from the printer itself ?

John, Computer Science Engineer