Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an error code OxF1, WF 3520, it was just a copy and…

Customer Question
I have an error...

I have an error code OxF1

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

WF 3520

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It was just a copy and it doesn't work with Ap[ple on Wi fi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This just happened It hasn't worked on WIFI since we had it. It works fine with Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that should be it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Error 0xF1 is indicates that print head not being able to completely pass from the left to right or right to left side during startup or operation. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flashlight to check inside the printer.

Also take out the cartridge and put it back and check then. Turn off the printer, turn it back on and when it tries to move the head, unplug it. Then open the cover and gently push the head manually to left/right if it can't move freely. Don't push with excess force or it will break.

This is a mechanical problem not software glitch. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a hardware defect. If the printer is under warranty, then you can send it back to Epson and they will replace the parts or machine with new one.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solution which will not work if this is mechanical fault.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.