Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson Workforce 645 - screen message - Printers Ink Pad near…

Customer Question
Epson Workforce 645 -...

Epson Workforce 645 - screen message - Printers Ink Pad near end of Service Life - Contact Epson

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Epson Workforce 645

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today only - I was cleaning the print heads, went to print, popped up

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

The message refers to the ink pads, which are actually a number of porous pads in the printer that collect, distribute, and very importantly contain the ink that is not used on printed pages. Ink is collected by these pads during the initial setup of the product, during cleaning cycles and when printing borderless photographs.

Epson recommends replacing the printer, but if you want to continue using it, Epson recommends having the printer serviced at an Epson Customer Care Center. Please note that replacement of ink pads is relatively expensive and may not be a good investment for lower cost printers because the printers’ other components also may be near the end of usable life.

You may temporarily remove this maintenance message by using the Maintenance Reset Utility. The Maintenance Reset Utility can only be used once and will allow printing for a short period of time.

Pleas click the link below and scroll down and fill in any details to download the utility

https://epson.com/Support/wa00819

Hi

Just following up if if this worked for you?