Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was printing on A3 (13x19) paper and after the last sheet…

Customer Question
I was printing on...

I was printing on A3 (13x19) paper and after the last sheet printed the printer Canon Pro 1 error code B200

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

It is a large format printer CNAN PRO-1, yes I shut down the printer and unpluged the power cord.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am using a Mac Pro with Beta OS High Searra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I started today after printing 4 sheets of A3 presentation matte paper.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.
The B200 error indicates that the printhead assembly as well as the Logic board has overheated and shorted out. The printhead and logic board needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright.
If your unit is under warranty then you can get it repaired from CANON free of cost.
I am extremely sorry for giving you a bad news. I just wanted to be completely honest with you.
Is there anything else I can help you with?

now that you have scapped me for your diagnosis, what is the cost of the circuit boards that have to be replaced?

Let me check!

What kind of service is this, now you want me to give you access to my MacPro for further testing at an additional charge of $39 more? No just give me the circuit boards to replace

That is an auto-generated ad from the website. It was not sent by me.

Please ignore.

The printhead part # QY6-0081-000. It will cost you around 300$-350$.

I would suggest you take your printer to Canon or a local printer repair shop to diagnose the logic board and the printhead. It might be a case the printhead is good only the logic board has failed.

Okay, so what has this diagnosis and Printhead part # information actually cost me?

If you can give me your city name. I will find a nearby repair shop.

Else, if you want to repair it on your own let me know. It would require soldering skills and a Digital Multimeter.

Fort Myers Florida 33913
I am a retired Electronic Tech. and have all the tools to do the job.

I am looking for the service manual.

I am I still connected to you Md. Sadique?

Yes, you are. I am searching for the service manual.

Thank you.

I am sorry to say the service manual is not available for this printer. I won't recommend disassembling such an expensive printer without the service manual.

Please call Canon at 1-***-***-**** to repair your printer between 10:00 am to 10:00 pm during weekdays.

Okay, thank you for you effort, and due diligence. I now will do more research and contact Canon. Good night.

It was nice working with you. Please take some time to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.