Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to set up my new Pikma MX922 printer and the…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my new Pikma MX922 printer and the screen says "to remove the protective material if it is attached to the holder" there is no plastic that I can see anywhere.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

It's brand new. I'm just setting it up for the first time. This is the second printer I've had do this same thing.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It hasn't been an issue because I am just setting this printer up for the first time. I got annoyed with the last new printer I bought (same kind) and gave up setting it up and just bought a new one.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/13/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris