John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer keeps saying "Offline". I have tried everything

Customer Question

My printer keeps saying "Offline". I have tried everything to reconnect. Can you help?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP OfficeJet 4650 Series. Approximately 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been going on for quite some time. Sometimes I get lucky and it will print. But most of the time it doesn't. I've checked connections, printer default, printer settings etc.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason