John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just replaced one MX920 with a new MX920 printer and now I

Customer Question

I just replaced one MX920 with a new MX920 printer and now I have error printer is offline and it will not print a document
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: old one is serial number AEWS844429 and new is AEYP10554
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 on Dell desktop
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was in Middle of set up before the power went out due the the Irma Hurricane and everything came back up and the print head alignment page did good. It just wont print from the computer
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: AVG is trying to update driver even though I used the setup CD
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Are you able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,