John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Keeps showing printer is out of various inks, even though

Customer Question

keeps showing printer is out of various inks, even though new inks have been put in the printer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: Pixma pro 1
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 on a PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: seemed to work correctly, but has limited use over past six months. Just prior to problem I had made probably 10 8.5 biy 11 prints.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes -- I have been using LD generic inks for past 2 years.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you still currently using the generic inks? If you put the old ones back in, are they recognized?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.