John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have had the code 1403 for several weeks now. I fitted a

Customer Question

Hi I have had the code 1403 for several weeks now. I fitted a brand new Printhead from CRC UK and - same fault! Any other cure except taking to CRC??
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Canon MG7150 "wrong printhead"
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Win7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing unusual before it happened. The only other fault needed a new Logic Board last year.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I only have 12 hours to decide. Off on holiday tomorrow!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I assume that the only answer left after changing the Print head is to take the machine to Canon Service agent. Or is there a software trick we can try?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not spending any more cash yet.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This sounds like a common problem. In USA it was the cause of a civil Law suit. Why?
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not unless you have a brilliant suggestion!