Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a space for double black and for single black. The

Customer Question
I have a space for...
I have a space for double black and for single black. The boxes I get now only come with double black, which is full. But the single black is empty and blinking so the printer will not print.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about 2 years Pixma mx 922
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS X Yosemite
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A few days. I replaced the cyan and the yellow which were blinking, but I did not have the single black to use since I only get doubles now.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
9/12/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Did you replace the smaller ink cartridge (pigment black)?

No. I do not have one. The combo box I get has only the double black.
My device does not need to be fixed. I just want to know why you do not include the single black as well as the double in your combo box.

That is a different type of ink, for a different purpose. The combo packs are for another purpose, while that pigment black is for photos specifically. Many people do not use it at the same rate as the other inks, so that is why Canon sells it separately. You will need to replace it to continue using the printer though.

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer