Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Wf 2630 won't print, particulary in black. checked ink

Customer Question
Wf 2630 won't print...

Wf 2630 won't print, particulary in black. checked ink levels - all ok.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Also, cleaned the print heads several times, but still will not print.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Wf2630, about 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Printer had been inactive for a few months, tried to recently print downoads and discovered this problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Have you tried to replace the black ink yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
replaced all ink cartridges.
Will print from computer, but only colors, no black.
Will not print anything on b&w copy mode.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.