Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Need help in understanding the "tools" icon. When it comes…

Customer Question
Hi-need help in understanding...

Hi-need help in understanding the "tools" icon. When it comes time to print, I get a window that says something like-need to change the setting because it is abrasive to the paper. How do I do that? CanonMG2220.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Canon MG2220-around 3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC-not sure about the OS.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

For about a week. I was messing with the tools icon and I just need to get it back to normal. How do I reset it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No-if I had the manual, I could probably figure it out however I have no clue where it is.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/12/2017
Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, are you running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10? Does this Tools menu/icon show up each time you try to print now?