Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is an EPSON WP 4530. I am able to copy from the…

Customer Question
My printer is an...

My printer is an EPSON WP 4530. I am able to copy from the glass, but when I try to copy some thing from the computer to the printer, it gives me a paper jam prompt. I have removed the back of the printer and see no paper jam. I have turned the printer off in hopes it resets. I have unplugged the printer and let it set then plugged it back in. I have pulled out the ink cartridges and reset them, I went through the menu to clean the heads. I tried it again and again and it copies fine, but will not print from the computer. It gives me the paper jam prompt.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2-3 years WP-4530

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I printed a document at 10;00 this morning and it was fine. Tried to do a second document and the problem started.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I only have 15 minutes before I need to depart.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/12/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 11 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you sure that you are selecting the right scanner?

Have you tried scanning from computer using Epson scan?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Scanning is not my problem. I am not able to print from my computer to
the printer. I am able to copy documents from the printer glass, but when
I try to copy a document from the computer I get paper jam error prompt.

Please make sure that there is no papers jammed inside. Check the instructions in the links below.

Paper Jam Problems Inside the Product : http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wfp4530/wfp453000ug/source/printers/source/troubleshooting/reference/problem_jam_inside_wp4540_30_20.html

Paper Jam Problems in the Cassette : http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wfp4530/wfp453000ug/source/printers/source/troubleshooting/reference/problem_jam_cassette_wp4540_30_20.html

Document Jams in the Automatic Document Feeder : http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wfp4530/wfp453000ug/source/troubleshooting/reference/problem_paper_jam_adf_wp4540_30.html

Paper Jam Problems in the Duplexer : http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wfp4530/wfp453000ug/source/printers/source/troubleshooting/reference/problem_jam_duplexer_wp4540_30_20.html

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
There is no paper jam problem in the printer. I am able to print when making copies, just will not
print a document from the computer. I have double checked using all of the links and I once again found no paper jams in the printer.

If so, it might be a driver issue. Make sure that you are selecting the right printer while you get the print window.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I was able to print a document earlier today from the computer, then it no longer would perform that function. Nothing outside of the printer, or printer or computer settings have changed.

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>