John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HP Envy 7640 I have two problems. 7640 and I have

Customer Question

I have a HP Envy 7640 I have two problems.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7640 and I have had it maybe a month, It will print for a while an than disconnect from the computer on its own. If I mess with it for a while it will come back. I would like to just plug it into my computer directly. #2 it will not scan into my computer. it did originally
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Not sure the operating system maybe an 8 not sure. where can I look to find out
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since I got it. I thought at first it was me.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since I received it
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris