Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Envy 7640 I have two problems. 7640 and I have…

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP Envy 7640 I have two problems.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7640 and I have had it maybe a month, It will print for a while an than disconnect from the computer on its own. If I mess with it for a while it will come back. I would like to just plug it into my computer directly. #2 it will not scan into my computer. it did originally

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Not sure the operating system maybe an 8 not sure. where can I look to find out

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since I got it. I thought at first it was me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/12/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since I received it

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris