John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am unable to setup my printer with my computer using my

Customer Question

I am unable to setup my printer with my computer using my wifi. I have been at it for nearly 4 hours.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I got it yesterday
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: it is a PIXMA MG3620
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just took the printer out of the box and began setting it up I have been following the instructions exactly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try to connect the printer to your wifi network?

What error do you get?

Please let em know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On the "setup" application the printer had me download (from the initial setup instructions) it looks for printers on the network and mine never comes up. Then when prompted to press buttons on the printer for it to try to find it, it says connection failed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It did not work correctly after unplugging and plugging it in.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

thanks, ***** ***** do the last instructions I gav, exactly as I gave please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

in 1 minute?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried this many times
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me please all steps you have already tried