Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It doesn't print anymore, It is an Epson stylus photo

Customer Question
It doesn't print anymore ...

It doesn't print anymore

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It is an Epson stylus photo PX810FW,

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Winows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

At first I had the erroe: A printer eroor has occurred. Turn power off an then on again. See your documentation.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. We fixed that error and we can turn him on again, but now every print i make gives an general printerror. I see the document in the queue in error.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 9 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

The common advice...
Nope, no difference: see file. It is in Dutch. Fout means error

how is it connected to the computer? Via USB or Wireless?

No, thank you. Can you tell me what it can be? Then I'll check it.

It can be either wireless, with no cable to the computer, or USB with a USB cable to the computer

Please do not guess back make sure you know which

We have an wireless connection with the printer. I have already checked the netwerkconnection on the printer and on my laptop. I switched the modem off and tried it again. No difference. On my laptop the printer is ready. So it looks as if the connection is astablished.

Click start, type in

control, click on control panel

Then type in devices

click on devices and printers

Then right click the printer, select remove.

Once gone, click add printer, click it when it shows in the list, allow it to install then print please

Let me know the results.

The printer doesn't show up in the list. It is an old one....
I'm going to install the driver again.

yes, run the installation again so it can be connected to your wifi network, tell me if it then prints please.

The drivers are up to date. The printer is connected to the netwerk. My lap top is connected to the netwerk. Yet if I try to add a printer, it doesn't show on the list...

Try to print to it from another computer please and tell me if it works

This is the only one at the moment....

that wont print to it?

That's my laptop... I even tried to connect with the IP-address, but that doesn't work.

ok, sorry I am confused, if you wish you can reply to me in nederlands, thats no problem, but I need to know, if you try to print to it from another computer, does it work?

This was not clear for me

I don't have an other computer here. So the answer is I don't know.

Thanks

What is the make and model of youe wifi router?

Fritz!box 5490 ES, I believe we got it in June this year.

Did you have to set it up yourself or it was all predone and just started working when you connected it?

An technical employee did the installation. We had to connect the printer ourselves. And we did. It worked fine until recently.
yirnan

restart the computer and tell me if it then finds the printer

One last try...

thanks

It makes no difference. And this is taking to much time. I'm sorry, but I'm going to ask a technician in my village to come around. Thank you, ***** ***** Richard!

ok, but there is only two more causes for this, the router has a faulty DHCP lease on it, and needs to be reset, you lose internet when you do this, and if you did not set this up yourself, it has to be done onsite, or, which I believe is the case, the mainboard in the printer has faulted and this needs replacment if it is under warranty else the entire printer would.

It can only be these two causes left.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you