Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

It doesn't print anymore, It is an Epson stylus photo

Customer Question

It doesn't print anymore
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It is an Epson stylus photo PX810FW,
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Winows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: At first I had the erroe: A printer eroor has occurred. Turn power off an then on again. See your documentation.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. We fixed that error and we can turn him on again, but now every print i make gives an general printerror. I see the document in the queue in error.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The common advice...
Nope, no difference: see file. It is in Dutch. Fout means error
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

how is it connected to the computer? Via USB or Wireless?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, thank you. Can you tell me what it can be? Then I'll check it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It can be either wireless, with no cable to the computer, or USB with a USB cable to the computer

Please do not guess back make sure you know which

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have an wireless connection with the printer. I have already checked the netwerkconnection on the printer and on my laptop. I switched the modem off and tried it again. No difference. On my laptop the printer is ready. So it looks as if the connection is astablished.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Click start, type in

control, click on control panel

Then type in devices

click on devices and printers

Then right click the printer, select remove.

Once gone, click add printer, click it when it shows in the list, allow it to install then print please

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The printer doesn't show up in the list. It is an old one....
I'm going to install the driver again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

yes, run the installation again so it can be connected to your wifi network, tell me if it then prints please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The drivers are up to date. The printer is connected to the netwerk. My lap top is connected to the netwerk. Yet if I try to add a printer, it doesn't show on the list...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Try to print to it from another computer please and tell me if it works

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the only one at the moment....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

that wont print to it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's my laptop... I even tried to connect with the IP-address, but that doesn't work.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, sorry I am confused, if you wish you can reply to me in nederlands, thats no problem, but I need to know, if you try to print to it from another computer, does it work?

This was not clear for me

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have an other computer here. So the answer is I don't know.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks

What is the make and model of youe wifi router?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fritz!box 5490 ES, I believe we got it in June this year.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Did you have to set it up yourself or it was all predone and just started working when you connected it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
An technical employee did the installation. We had to connect the printer ourselves. And we did. It worked fine until recently.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yirnan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

restart the computer and tell me if it then finds the printer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One last try...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It makes no difference. And this is taking to much time. I'm sorry, but I'm going to ask a technician in my village to come around. Thank you, ***** ***** Richard!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, but there is only two more causes for this, the router has a faulty DHCP lease on it, and needs to be reset, you lose internet when you do this, and if you did not set this up yourself, it has to be done onsite, or, which I believe is the case, the mainboard in the printer has faulted and this needs replacment if it is under warranty else the entire printer would.

It can only be these two causes left.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you