John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It is showing as offline. I have just had to reinstall

Customer Question

it is showing as offline. I have just had to reinstall windows classic shell to my laptop as it expired. has this had anything to do with it.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: SPC222 S3089001173. not sure how old. it has been here since I started in 2013
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: it is a laptop running Microsoft windows 8.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't been to this office for quite a while as I work from home. but last time I was using it, it was fine. I have only just turned on my laptop and had to install windows shell for the classic startup menu.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are on dial up here as it is a tennis club.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.
how is printer connected to laptop..usb or wifi

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi there
can you please refund the visa payment. The printer is at the office which I don't work from so am there very infrequently so have no time to stay at that destination and wait for help. I will get a local expert to visit sometime. Meanwhile I have used the photocopy only on the machine as I cant print from it.
Regards
Jill