John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I downloaded the driver, but it still won't scan...starting

Customer Question

I downloaded the driver , but it still won't scan...starting to think I bought the wrong item!!!!! JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is? Customer: wf-**** Epson JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running? Customer: pc office 10 JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up? Customer: I bought this spring, but this is the first time I have tried to scan....says it to select a computer..funny as I can print to it JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you? Customer: no

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  UranIT replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Have you tried scanning from the computer's end? By using a Control Panel that came with software for Epson?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but it does not recognize it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no just tell me how to have my Epson scanner find my pc
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no fix means no future business...this for an it geek shouldn't be that hard!!!
Expert:  UranIT replied 1 month ago.

You might have configured it wrong while installing, or did not install scan component.

Uninstall and Reinstall drivers again, or I can remote into your computer and do it for you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just did that off the Epson site.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I put in my printer wf-3620 and clicked driver and wammmmm
Expert:  UranIT replied 1 month ago.

Let me send you discounted offer for remote support so I can do wammm instead of you and make sure printer and scanner works

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this is a joke!!!!!! I will be contacting the attorney general about this scam!!!
Expert:  UranIT replied 1 month ago.

Which part is a joke? Remote Service is extra, or I can help via chat still