Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an epson wf 7610 and it will not print black. i have…

Customer Question
I have an epson...

I have an epson wf 7610 and it will not print black. i have changed the cartdrige, i have un plugged and re plugged, i have cleaned the print head

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Wf 7610 and it is less than a year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have a mac and os yosemitie 10.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started a few days ago. i ran out of black in completly and refilled the cartridge and carried on with no issues then i was low on magenta so i refilled that one as well. when i went to print black, it came out a lighter shade the i printed again and i only get the faintest outline of the black it will not fill in the shaope

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I use this printer for sublimation

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/12/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

it started a few days ago. I didnt realize the black was totally empty. I refilled it and resumed printing with no issues. Then my magenta needed ink but it was not completely empty, i filled it up and printed again. this is where the issues began... I printed something in black and the first 2 letters were ok but then the last few were a different shade and "fuzzy" looking. i reprinted the same image and then all i got was the faintest black outline of what i was trying to print and nothing after that. i have tried cleaning the print heads, aligning them, turning off and on, unplugging and re plugging, take the cartridge out and put back in, bought a whole new cartridge and nothing. From what i am gathering, i have a clog. i have so many projects to get out so i am in a pinch here. i use this printer for sublimation
I do not think you connecting to my computer will help. i think it is the actual printer

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

unplug and hold power button?
thats is done
hello?

Yes please can you connect it back up?

ok
it said the print head nozzles may be clogged and to run the print head cleaner
should i do that for the billionth time?

Yes, just for openness! sorry!

its working on it

Ok let me know

ok, it is done and i printed that test and still no black ink

OK no good.

Are we OK to do a full reset to see if it's hardware related?

what does that mean?

Reset all the settings and rebuffer the file system tables

sure i guess. i just tried to print color for the hell of it and thats not working any more either
literally blank pages
how do i do this?
Hello?

I'm finding that out now

unfortunately I dont have more time right now
i cant wait 10 minutes in between each message

I'm sorry but as you pressed the Opt Out Button the system opted me out

let me know when you're ready to look at this

Regards

Kris