Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MX922. I am trying to print on International…

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon MX922. I am trying to print on International Paper's Accent Opaque Smooth Cover stock (80 lb). I want to know if there are profiles for this paper. When I try to print on it, the image is too green and needs more yellow. In other words, the print does not match the screen. What suggestions do you have to correct this problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

MX 922. Serial #ADJV18483

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been going on since I bought the printer and i have limped along but now I am doing some work that requires proper color.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. It does not handle the paper the same every time. Sometimes, it leaves a white edge on borderless printing and the whole image is off center by as much as 1/4".

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has always happened with this printer. I am using PhotoShop CS5
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've had the printer a couple of years. But color on this project is critical.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done. Do I plug it back in?

Yes please, connect it back up and tell me If it helps at all, unlikely at this point

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Print is the same.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey, Kris! Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I give up. YOU'RE FIRED!!!