Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It won't print. I recently changed both print cartridges and…

Customer Question
It won't print. I...

It won't print. I recently changed both print cartridges and my printer, an HP 5746 won't print. It tells me that the print carriage can't move, and I should open it and remove the stoppage. However, I can't find any stoppage and as soon as I move the print carriage out of it's park position, it moves easially along the print bar!

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is marked HPoffice jet Fax Scan Copy Web

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I,m using a Mac.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I had to replace the print cartridges a couple weeks ago. I got them installed, after some hassle then it wouldnot print. it tells me they, the cartridges, are official HP cartridges. Which is what I bought!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

John, Computer Science Engineer