John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It won't print. I recently changed both print cartridges and

Customer Question

It won't print. I recently changed both print cartridges and my printer, an HP 5746 won't print. It tells me that the print carriage can't move, and I should open it and remove the stoppage. However, I can't find any stoppage and as soon as I move the print carriage out of it's park position, it moves easially along the print bar!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is marked HPoffice jet Fax Scan Copy Web
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I,m using a Mac.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had to replace the print cartridges a couple weeks ago. I got them installed, after some hassle then it wouldnot print. it tells me they, the cartridges, are official HP cartridges. Which is what I bought!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris