Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cleared a paper jam and now every second line either

Customer Question
I cleared a paper...

I cleared a paper jam and now every second line either prints a faint smudge or is very pale.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson WF2630 - 2 to 3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro also 2 - 3 years old, using Windows.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine until an envelope jammed in printing. I removed the envelope and have had the problem since then - on regular A4 paper.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else to describe the problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris