Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon MG8200 not printing in color. At first only some

Customer Question
Canon MG8200 not printing...

Canon MG8200 not printing in color. At first only some yellow. Cleaned and deep-cleaned nozzles, now only printing in black and and grey. Cartridges are full.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No. A couple of years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. Windows. How do I find out the OS?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just recent, today, noticed that application form with red on it printed in yellow.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of. Replaced grey and yellow cartridges today.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

OK

Thank you

Still no color

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Test page now shows black, grey, magenta, and cyanide, but no yellow. Also shows streaks that indicate clogged nozzles (according to pattern check).

ok, can you please replace the Yellow cartridge and tell me how it then prints.

Still no yellow--yellow cartridge was new today, but tried a 2nd new one to no avail.

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

OK, thanks.

you're welcome

If you need anything else please let me know and please remember the service rating via onee of the stars at the top of the screen the submit

Thank you