Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have two laptops at home. I just bought an MFC-J6930DW. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I have two...

Hi, I have two laptops at home. I just bought an MFC-J6930DW. I was able to hook up to one laptop with Windows 10 with no problem. I cannot hook the other laptop with Windows 7 up. I keep getting printer not found although on the face of the printer I can see the wireless was enabled successfully. I'm ready to rip my hair out. I've been at this for hours darn it!

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

I've powered the router down and up, the computer down and up and the printer down and up. Downloaded the drivers from the Brother site and tried the disk that came with the printer.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I just bought the printer to replace an older Brother that worked fine but didn't have large enough capacity for working at home

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just got the printer Pearl. It hooked up seamlessly to one laptop but I cannot get it to hook to my personal laptop. The printer icon is on my device page but it's grayed out. The scanner is listed as my default printer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I really want to get it to work with my personal laptop and can't understand the problem. I'm doing the same things I did for the successful installation

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Do you know the ip address of the printer? Can you ping it from the Win 7 laptop?

It can be your Windows firewall or Antivirus blocking the printer

not sure how to ping Werner

Press Windows button + R and type in cmd and hit enter

in the black box type in ping 192.168.0.1 and hit enter (change 192.168.0.1 to printers ip)