Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an epson xp 820 series printer. how do i change the…

Customer Question
I have an epson...

I have an epson xp 820 series printer. how do i change the default settings. I want to set double sided printing as a default.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is 820? A few years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac ios 10.12

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started happening a couple of months ago. It used to let me select double sided printing. Now it is grayed out.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 11 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is probably a corruption in the printing settings. First we can reset your printing system and see if it works or not.

1. Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Printers and Scanners or Print and Scan
  3. Hold down control and click (or Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System)

After resetting, your Printer will disappear from the list. Click the + button in there (in left corner) and add it back

Don't add if it appears under Nearby Printers. Instead, click Add Printer. Then add it and make sure the "Use" or "Software" is set for Epson instead of AirPrint or Secure AirPrint

Check if it is printing ok now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.