John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer will not respond to the print command, the

Customer Question

My printer will not respond to the print command
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the printer is the x2690 model. it is about 8 or 9 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc, windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the printer had been working just fine, then a week or so ago, I had a paper jam. once I cleared the jam it has not printed since although it prepares for printing but when I click on print it will not print the page
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The last time I tried to print something was August 31. Printer did not work. Today. September 11 is my latest attempt
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I unplugged the printer from the power supply and then reconnected in 30 seconds. is it fixed?
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-#### renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris