Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I correct a Double paper-feed error on a Canon P-150…

Customer Question
How do I correct...

How do I correct a Double paper-feed error on a Canon P-150 Scanner

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a scanner P-150. It is probably 3-4 years old.--

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. Not sure what to operating system is.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have had problems with this issue off and on. I usually unplug it and it clears the issue. Today I started scanning several pages and 3 pulled through at the same time and jammed. I opened the front and removed the pages. It started giving me the error right after that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It has happened a few times the last year or so.
Thanks you but lets Cancel this session. I'll call Canon

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Done.

Can you connect it back up and tell me If this helps?

Thanks

Kris

Unfortunately it didn't help. I'm still getting the error.

Okay, not good. How is it connected? USB or Ethernet?

Thanks

Kris

USB

Okay can you give me the serial number from it please?

FEA65033

Okay can we do a reset?

Per your previous instructions?

No we need to do a full reset

Set the Auto Start switch at the rear of the scanner to OFF.

Connect the scanner to the computer.

Open the feed tray to turn the scanner ON.

Click [Start], [All Programs], [Canon P-150], and then click

[Utility].

The Canon imageFORMULA utility starts.

An empty window came up

Does it have anything on it, like the scanner name or?

The top of the window says Canon imageFormula Utility. the box is blank

Can you click on it and tell me what you see,

Nothing opens when I click on it.
Thanks but I'll call Canon. I have to leave the office.

Okay If you do decide to continue got 2 more items on the check list to try

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credit with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Also let me know if NLR and I will refund this in full for you