Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Loud ratcheting noise and won't pick up paper. First said…

Customer Question
Loud ratcheting noise and...

Loud ratcheting noise and won't pick up paper. First said paper jam (none found) then said to load paper (didn't help).

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson XP-860

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I replaced an ink cartridge, it printed a few pages (double sided) then heard loud ratcheting

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just started today. Had to turn printer off.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Not home this evening--will resume late afternoon tomorrow.

Okay - let me know

Can we resume now?

Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Done
Are you there?

Yes - can you connect it back up, does this help?

Thanks

Kris

No it says paper jam but none visible makes bad sound when I hit start

Okay, can you give me the serial please?