Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It keeps giving me an error message to turn off printer,

Customer Question
It keeps giving me...

It keeps giving me an error message to turn off printer, unplug and restart. but keeps giving me error message

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 4-5 years- 6600 model h711g

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

About 3 weeks, on and off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

unplugged for 10 minutes, still getting error message problem with printer or ink system

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

did the above with no luck

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this we have now confirmed .

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

any idea on cost? is there a local rep to take it to? area code 29588, myrtle beach s.c.

is it under warranty still?

not sure 4-5 years old

ok, the warranty has expired, they are 2 years as a maximum.

It is not worth paying for a repair, the cost would exceed the cost of purchasing a new one, especially with the price of printers at the moment

You will need to purchase a replacement sorry

ok thanks for your help

you are welcome

Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Technician