Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is an HP 5530 i go to hit print and on the

Customer Question
So my printer is...

So my printer is an HP 5530 i go to hit print and on the printer screen it says 'printing' and it looks like its working then it just goes right back to the home screen and nothing is printed

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Its the HP envy 5530

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Im printing from a think pad its windows nothing happened actually there was no error or anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Well i did turn off my wireless router becasue it wasnt working and then turned it back o. so i made sure the printer was connected back to the wireless network which it was. so i dont know if i need to reinstall it to my computer?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

HI Richard, ok I unplugged it. Do i need to wait the full 10 minutes?

yes, let me know the results

ok im checking now

ok

nothing changed

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

can i use rubbing alcohol?

yes that is ok

ok hold please!

thanks

ok checking now
still no change

Thanks

How is the printer connected to the computer? Via USB or wireless?

Please let me know

i told the lady i was speaking to before you that i did power off my router the other day and turned it back on. so do i need to relink the printer to my computer?
wireless

Please let me know

its wireless

Thanks

Put the disk into the computer from the printer that you use to install.

Run the installation again and once installed, tell me if it then prints please.

i dont have the disk anymore
can i do it without?

No problem, you can download the disk from my link below

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5530-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304881/model/5304882

Then run the file to install it please

its downloading

thanks

ok so its blocked from a 'group policy' im assuming my company
can i do it without the disk?

no, as you need the drivers to install it

ok well i guess i need to contact my help desk. thanks for your time though

Once installed it should again work. I;ll mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Technician