Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Scan Snap IX 500 The paper is not rolling into the…

Customer Question
I have a Scan...

I have a Scan Snap IX 500 The paper is not rolling into the machine. Is that something you can fix?

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's about 3 years old. Fujitsu IX 500 scan to their software

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not much to do. Everything is working and we are connected. Says it is ready. We put the paper in press the button but it does not roll into the machine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Can it be fixed?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/11/2017
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will do my best to help you out in fixing the issue you are facing.
What exactly are you having trouble with paper not feeding the doc feeder?

One easy way to prevent paper jams is to prep your paper before the scanning process begins. Many documents will be folded, stapled, or creased by the time they hit your desk to be scanned. If you’re scanning a large stack of paper, make sure to fan the pages out so they do not stick together. Also, ensure that all staples and paper clips have been removed since they can damage the scanner.

use 90% or more isopropyl alcohol on a lint-free cloth. Never use spray duster, water, or any other type of cleaner inside of your scanner! Instead, open up the ScanSnap and gently pull the release lever on the right side of the scanner to get to the consumables. Spray the F1 Cleaner on the lint-free cloth and clean the rollers first by either removing them or simply cleaning the exposed section of rollers, then rolling them vertically downwards to clean the other sides. Next, clean the glass lenses by sliding the lint-free cloth with cleaner across the length of the glass in a back and forth motion. For visual instructions, check out this video on how to clean your iX500

Clean your scanner’s consumables such as the glass, brake pads, and rollers. Start by unplugging your ScanSnap and gathering the necessary supplies.

i am attaching a youtube video how to open and clean the printer refer to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=58&v=sEGoS5Rh7BA