John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Inserted new ink carriage in photo stylus R3000 and printer

Customer Question

inserted new ink carriage in photo stylus R3000 and printer will not work and message says *cannot recognize the cartridge
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Epson stylus photo R3000 and using genuine Epson carytride in the case T1579
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MACOS Sierra. This has worked well before
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 1 week
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The printer is on line WI Fi but when I wand to check supply levels, none of the cartridges are recognized. earlier in the week I installed a new cartridge and it worked well. nNow I have installed a new cartridge it does not recognize it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you using genuine/oem epson inks, or generic/refilled cartridges?