Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Lost conection, cannon mx922 all in one, pc-windows 8 I

Customer Question
Lost conection Technician's Assistant:...

Lost conection

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Cannon mx922 all in one

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc-windows 8 I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

3weeks ,nothing that I know of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Displays support code 6000,printer error has occured

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault (line feed error). That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Still doesn't work, when I open it up the ink carriage is not moveing
Is this amount on top of previous amounts

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

If you do want to talk that way it is on top of the already paid chat fees.

If it still is not moving, then the fault is in the carriage unit. Are you able to pull it over by hand?

The carriage, doesn't have a place to grab

Try getting to it from the front rather than the top.

You can also try sliding a piece of heavy paper or cardstock under it to see if you can move it that way

Same support code not fixed. I am not satisfied I am sorry you're fix it answers are not correct I think I won't be paying for this services

This is a conversation and a process, not in instant fix. You have paid the full fees to the site already.

The process I am giving you can resolve the issue, if followed completely. If you cannot move the carriage, you can't get through the process.