Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Second opinion] my epson wf2520 has an error: see your

Customer Question
Second opinion] my epson...

Second opinion] my epson wf2520 has an error: see your documentation.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WF 2520. i would say 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of months. We renovated our house so we unplugged our printer during that time. We just connected it back and it is still giving us the same error. I think we were only trying to print before the issued occured

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What is the error code, or the full and complete text of the error, as it shows up on the printer's screen, please?

there's no code. just says printer error see your documentation. When I try to do a head cleaning via my computer it gives me an error that says, cancel all print que, open scanner bed and remove jammed paper. turn off printer and turn back on. I've done all but no change. The power button and ADF light are both blinking.
I tried to download the driver and utilities again but when it tries to update the printer it won't update. I'm assuming because of the error.

Disconnect from the computer... unless it's wireless, in which case, clear out the printer's queue, and shut down the computer, meanwhile turning the printer Off.

When the computer's queue is cleared and the computer shut down, turn the printer On again. See how that does, whether the error is now cleared under these conditions. Let me know... it will indicate a certain problem on the computer, if so, perhaps.

I've done that twice, and it still shows me the same error.

Without any error code, and when it appears even when the computer is shut down and turned Off, then there's only one conclusion, or two rather: either there is a paper or other debris stuck somewhere inside the printer, or else the printer has a severe malfunction.

Have you opened the printer, as if to replace cartridges, and looked through its interior for paper, scraps, paper clips, debris, staples, or loose parts that came loose?

I even tried to manually feed cardstock paper to see if I can dislodge any paper that might be stuck that I cannot see. I'm thinking the same because it was working just fine.
since I can't physically see any jammed papers...what else can i do?

And the printer is 4 years old. Breakages or failures are likelier at that age, or even before it often enough to be worth mentioning. 4 years is not quite long, but is a good lifetime for an inexpensive modern inkjet printer.

Did you check in the ADF feeder, also on top of the printer also? opening it as much as possible.

Do you need further guidance or advice? And if not, would you be willing to rate my work and my answer?

I agree, but it's not heavily used. Besides the once in a while scanning, and printing, it should still have lots of life left. I did open the ADF feeder, I mean I opened every part that I can open. I can start unscrewing things to do something different I guess

That probably wouldn't help.

When you turn it On, does it make any noise? of any kind?

just the regular noise, nothing out of the ordinary. It actually sits okay for a little bit once the regular noise subsides. Then after a few seconds it starts moving again and that's when the error shows up.

Is there a whirring sound inside it just before the error starts up?

not really...just like a printing sound

I thought it might be moving paper feed rollers before showing the error.

OK, turn it Off. Let it shut Off. Open its top cover. Then wait a minute or so, and turn it On again with the top cover open, listening, and watching as to whether anything happens inside that's visible this way just before the printing sound happens and the error appears.

I've done that as well. I can't see anything that triggers a paper jam. No worries, I think at this point I've exhausted my options. Time for a new printer. Thank you.

OK. If you're done, would you be willing to rate my work and my answer(s) which tried to resolve the problem ?

John, Computer Science Engineer