Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My epson wf2520 has an error: see your documentation. WF…

Customer Question
My epson wf2520 has...

My epson wf2520 has an error: see your documentation.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WF 2520. i would say 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of months. We renovated our house so we unplugged our printer during that time. We just connected it back and it is still giving us the same error. I think we were only trying to print before the issued occured

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

I see you mention that the printer was left behind for a couple of months. We need to understand two thing, we should not leave the printer idle for months, that dries the ink and print heads. Second, you may take appropriate steps to reserve the printer.

Right now, first of all, lets do a reboot.

Unplug the power adapter

Press and HOLD the power button for 60 seconds

Plug in the power adapter but do not release hold

Release HOLD on power button

Power on the printer

Thanks,

Kumar

Just completed what you instructed. Error is still there.

I see. We now need to run a Print Head cleaning. Can you please check the printer maintenance/menu button. Press Up and Down and click on Maintenance.

The click up or down to see Head Cleaning. press Ok and cleaning cycle would start. Please continue it for 2-3 times.

Hello?

I can't access my menu at all. the power button and ADF is blinking as well.
I even tried doing a head cleaning via my PC but it gives me an error.
It says this when I try to access the head cleaning on my computer:
1. Cancel all print jobs.
2. Open the scanner unit and remove any jammed paper.
3. Close the unit and turn the power off and then on again.
There's is no print que, and I open the scanner unit many times and there's no paper jam

Okay. One moment while I go through all the details.

No, we have to do the print head cleaning from the printer level. System level will not work.

Can you please remove the cartridges, clean the metal connectors with a moist lint free cloth and reinstall them.

How OLD is the printer?

Okay I did as you said. No change. Printer is about 4 years old

Okay..

The printer needs cleaning. Are the cartridges new?

Okay. Is the printer connected to direct AC power or to a surge protector?

surge protector

I see. Can you please plug the printer to a direct AC?

Also, when you power on the device, does the carriage carrying the ink move?

the cartridge move
Ok, it's plugged in directly

Are the lights still blinking?

Let me turn it on. ...

Okay. It does seem like an issue with the ink and the print head. When we kept the printer idle, the inks and the print head dried up, clogging the path. If we are using new Cartridges, then also the print heads are clogged.

The issue might also arise if we turned the printer off while it was printing something. But it has been couple of months back so I'll want you to install fresh drivers. Should I share the links to the drivers?

It had this error before it was idled

Which version of Windows do you use?

but yes install fresh drivers
vista

Omg!! That's long gone. Let me see if we have any drivers for the same.

Here is the driver for Windows Vista 64 bit : https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson15706.exe

Please click on it. File will get downloaded. Double tap and complete the installation.

haha, yeah our window's ancient. We do plan to upgrade to the new one...just don't mind what we have right now. Still up an running for us. =)

Its totally fine. Even my colleagues use Vista. They say they are acquainted to it and do not want to move. Well it does depend upon the how smoothly and how much used to you are.

Please let me know once you have installed the driver.

Will do
I think it's going to be a while. It just jumped to over an hour. I'm at .4/138 MB. I could leave it to finish and get back in a couple of hours.

It's fine. Please revert once it completes and you have installed it. If I would be available I will respond back immediately or I'll provide you a response once I'll be available.

Ok. Great. Thank you.
Okay. No luck. The download keeps stopping with a network error. I've tried multiple times with no change. I'll try again tomorrow because it is almost midnight my time. Thank you for your help.
Hello. I plugged my printer into my laptop to download the drivers. Seems to be downloading fine now. Should open in less than 5 minutes.
sorry i didn't mean to click the remote assistance
the new driver is complete

Okay. So, can you please proceed to install the new driver.