Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is spitting out pages but printing nothing on…

Customer Question
My printer is spitting...

My printer is spitting out pages but printing nothing on them. This has been going on ever since I put in a new black ink cartridge which I did because it had been printing smudgy illegible printout. When I print in non-black ink (for example light blue ink) it works fine.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

This is an Epson XP-430 printer.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10 on a Dell computer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I got the new black ink cartridge earlier this week hoping to fix a problem. When I put in the new cartridge it printed blank when using black ink.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The head cleaning menu option did not work.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear about your experience.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

I see you have already mentioned that you have tried Print Head cleaning. Let's try to do the pretty basic test, reboot the printer.

To reboot,

Unplug the power adapter

Press and HOLD power button on the printer for 60 seconds

Plug the power adapter but do not release HOLD

Release hold from power button

Power on the device.

Thanks,

Kumar

It didn't work.

How old is your printer?

I guess the print heads have been clogged and we might need to manually clean the same.

I got this printer last year.

Below are two video links to assist you with the issue. You can follow either of them to remove the clogging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egrS_SsiW0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszUNL7znds

Please let me know if you were able to resolve the issue or in case you need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Kumar