Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a paper jam. I was told to take off, DCP-7040ser4ial…

Customer Question
I have a paper...

I have a paper jam. I was told to take off

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

DCP-7040ser4ial #U62065MON085819

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was printiing from a PDF. This was to be page 3

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I was told to remove the drum. Which is the drum, and how do I do it?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done

Ok great.

Connect it back up and tell me If the error clears?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No change. Still jamed

Ok can you give me the exact error please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

This is not working. Please cancel my trial membership and charge. ***** *****

Flagging to moderator.