John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I scan my passport pic and don't know where it went so I

Customer Question

I scan my passport pic and don't know where it went so I could print it. Also, when I scanned, my only choice in where to send it was to a "Pictures folder." I have a Mac
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The printer is XP440, one month old. The Mac is an 2013 air book.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC 10.11.6 El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time I have scanned
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I send scanned items where I want; where do I name the scanned item; and how do I print the scanned item
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I believe that the easiest way to troubleshoot this would be a SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE session where I work on this while you watch. Would you be willing to do that? if so, please click on this link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download

Select the appropriate link for your operating system. Next scroll down until you see a rectangular green box labeled Download. Download and install Team Viewer. When installation has completed you should see an id and passscode on the screen. Please provide that and I will then be able to connect to you and work on this while you watch.