Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I scan my passport pic and don't know where it went so I…

Customer Question
I scan my passport...

I scan my passport pic and don't know where it went so I could print it. Also, when I scanned, my only choice in where to send it was to a "Pictures folder." I have a Mac

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The printer is XP440, one month old. The Mac is an 2013 air book.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC 10.11.6 El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is the first time I have scanned

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I send scanned items where I want; where do I name the scanned item; and how do I print the scanned item

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I believe that the easiest way to troubleshoot this would be a SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE session where I work on this while you watch. Would you be willing to do that? if so, please click on this link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download

Select the appropriate link for your operating system. Next scroll down until you see a rectangular green box labeled Download. Download and install Team Viewer. When installation has completed you should see an id and passscode on the screen. Please provide that and I will then be able to connect to you and work on this while you watch.