Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have and Epson XP-440 and every time I turn on the printer…

Customer Question
Hi, I have and...

Hi, I have and Epson XP-440 and every time I turn on the printer it turns off then blinks a screen that says, "System Error, go to epson.com for technical support 202621"

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not even a month old XP-440

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing it would not let me connect to the wifi or anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No nothing else

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I'm Kumar and I'll try my best to assist you today.

It does seem like a Print Head Cleaning issue. Let's have a pretty basic reboot.

1) Please unplug the Power Adapter.

2) Press and HOLD the power button on the printer for 60 seconds.

3) Plug the power adapter but do not release HOLD.

4) Release HOLD and turn the printer on.

Thanks,

Kumar

It did it again

Okay. No problem. Let do the cleaning process. Can you please remove the cartridges, clean the metal connections and reinstall them.

Did we do that? Can you please check if its still showing the issue?