Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Have a 79 error problem that will not go away wit power

Customer Question
interruption. What can I do...
Have a 79 error problem that will not go away wit power interruption. What can I do? Glen
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: hp1536dnf mfp
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just started
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I will wait for your answer about the problem then request service if you are unable to fix it here. Glen
9/10/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the result.

Switch off the device, then:

- Press X and > simultaneously (keep pressed)

- Switch on the printer

- Keep pressed the two buttons and wait for the "restore" message on display

- wait till the printer finishes and boot again

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
what do you mean to keep pressing the two buttons?

Keep tapping it one by one.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
restore message does not appear
Printer repeatedly keeps trying to initialize but stops with the 79 error message
What am I doing wrong?

The error shows the product has experienced a firmware error. The printer needs service. Is the printer in warranty?

If the printer is not in warranty, check if you are able to do the following.

1. Press the power button to turn the product off.

2. If a surge protector is in use, remove it. Connect the power cord directly into a wall outlet.

3. Wait at least 30 seconds, turn the product on, and then wait for the product to initialize.

4. If the error persists, disconnect and then reconnect the FFCs and the connectors on the formatter PCA.

5. If the issue persists, replace the formatter PCA.

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Ok, What is the FCC and PCA?

FFC is Flat Film Cable. Formatter PCA is a circuit board that controls the logic, receives the data from the computer, and breaks it down into a printable format. Issues print commands to the DC controller / engine controller.

You will not be able to replace these parts. You have to contact a local technician in order to do that.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Is my problem a hardware problem? If so you cannot repair it by remote control. Please let me know. I have a local repair shop. Glen

Please disconnect the printer from the computer. Then, unplug the power cable too.

Wait for two minutes and plugin the power cable. Do not connect with the computer and turn it on.

Check if you see the error without connecting with the computer.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Do not see the error with the computer disconnected
Deleted print jobs in the print cue and fixed the problem. Thanks anyway Glen
Did you get my last message about fixing the problem? If so please acknowledge. Glen

I am glad to hear that. If that is not resolved by clearing the print queue, you may have to get it for repair. That is why I asked if the issue persists without connected to the computer.

If you have any issues, please be back.

No, When i disconnected the computer the problem went away. That's how i knew it wasn't the printer. So after clearing the print que everything was fixed. Glen

What I was saying is, to check the printer without connected to the computer.

However, if the issue persisted even after disconnecting the computer, you would have to take it for repair.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
We are finished. I fixed the problem myself. Thanks for your help. Glen

You are most welcome!

Thank you.

Customer/p>