Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

When I try to print, the print screen PRINT button shows in

Customer Question

When I try to print, the print screen PRINT button shows in gray instead of black print, and no printer selected shows up in printer slot.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson XP-420 about 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac 10: 11: 6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened. I think I printed yesterday or day before. Don't know what happened. I just went to check my e-mail and wanted to print one, and it wouldn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the result.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please refund my money. I got it going myself while we were waiting for credit card approval.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Please contact our customer support to get a refund. You can contact them from the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you.

Customer/p>