Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It won't print but will scan, MG 2520 Pix, Mac....but its…

Customer Question
It won't print but...

It won't print but will scan

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

MG 2520 Pix

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac....but its always worked. only 2 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing.just won't print

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Um not sure I'm not that computer literate...lol

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  4. There, click on your Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.
  5. Make sure printer is powered on.
  6. Re-connect the printer's USB cable securely to both printer and computer.
  7. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Canon printer.
  8. If yes, click on your printer, then then click on Add.
  9. Then see if you can print now.
    - If needed, when printing, at the print dialog window, make sure to select your Canon printer, then print and check.

If there is still any issue, please let me know the followings:

- Is there any error or message when printing?

- Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,