Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer not working. Keeps saying problem with print head.

Customer Question
Printer not working. Keeps...

Printer not working. Keeps saying problem with print head. Tried unplugging, ink out, etc.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hp officejet pro 6830 e all in one series. 3 years old about.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac. os x 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

10 days. I placed the printer on shelves that are plastic, and when i printed, the shelves and printer swayed back and forth (ink got shook?). The other thing is that I bought a phone adapter and cord because we couldn't fax.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this service free?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technicians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

Is it 50dollars or more? I am 62 and work part time.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.