Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to use the Scan function. Printer works fine but…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to use the Scan function. Printer works fine but if I try to scan I get a message telling me I must first install the software. We installed from the disc that came with the printer. I don't find Scan in the apps section ofc the install disc, only FAX

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

WF-3720

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is th first time I have tried to use the scan feature

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Used the controls on the printer. I don't find anything to begin a FAX in the program files

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/10/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Do you see the EPSON Scan program on your computer? If yes, are you able to scan with that program?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,