Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I put in the correct ink cartridge but the printer states…

Customer Question
I put in the...

I put in the correct ink cartridge but the printer states (ink cartridge problem) the following ink cartridge must be replaced

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Hp envy 4500 and I used hp 61 cartrige

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 7 but I have not linked it to my computer yet

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing I have had this printer in storadge for a while waiting for me to buy ink. now that I have ink I tried replacing it and got this signal

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

What do you think the problem is

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Done

Please connect it back-up. Does it work now?

Same problem

OK - Can you try it with the INK out and once it's connected back up you will see an error "No ink found"

When it asks you to do this, put the ink back in.

Piped up with the same problem

From the printer control panel itself, please try:

1. Touch Settings (wrench symbol),
  2. Touch Tools,
  3. Scrool down,
  4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults
None of the buttons will take me past the ink cartridge error screen
I'm going to try and return the cartridge back to the store please refund my money

Please replace the INK and I will of resolved your issue.

Thanks

Kris

That's exactly what I said please refund my money

Have you tried restarting your computer?

Please refund my money back

Please do not respond - Flagging for refund