Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

No power. I tried a different outlet. Nothing. It came on…

Customer Question
No power. I tried...

No power. I tried a different outlet. Nothing. It came on for a few seconds, then nothing. It also has an odd "ozone" odor I've never smelled before. Could it be a fuse? If so, what would cause a breakage? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Oh yeah, that helps. It's a Epson stylus photo RX680. About seven or eight years old. Thanks again.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a new Mac desktop.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just happened about 15 minutes ago. I've been printing with it up to yesterday. The desktop Mac also turned itself off, at the same time. I've checked all the inputs and went directly into the USB in the Mac. The Mac was rebooted, and is running normally.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it worth the cost to repair it?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 11 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

The printer is just 8 months OLD. As per the information you have shared, its either the USB or the internal fuse that has gone faulty. We can get in touch with Epson Connection at(###) ###-####(U.S.) or(###) ###-####(Canada) and they should get them fixed under warranty with out any extra cost. Please keep your serial number and bill details (if you have) ready.

Please do let me know if I can be of any other assistance. You can followup with other details and I'll assist you.

Please take a moment to rate and accept my answer as your ratings give me credits for my hardwork.

Thanks,

Kumar

Please do let me know if we were able to assist you or if you wanted any other assistance.

Thanks,

Kumar

Thanks,

Kumar