Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

After several months of nonuse, I turned my printer )iX6520)

Customer Question
After several months of...

After several months of nonuse, I turned my printer )iX6520) on, and discovered the yellow light flashing. I check my ink cartridge yield online, and discovered that 2 cartridges were out of ink. When I open the lid on the printer, 2 cartridges were flashing. I ordered refills, and when they came, I replaced the cartridges, but the yellow light continues to flash. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Please Help!!

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Canon iX6520 and compatible ink cartridges, I ordered from Amazon.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I discovered this about a week ago.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 8 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

First thing, never keep your printer idle for this long. Either properly pack it for later use/for shifting. Or you may completely run a print once a week to keep it working.

Okay, in your case, let's try to run the most basic step. Can you please try to reboot the printer.

1) Unplug the power adapter from the printer.

2) Press and HOLD power button for 60 seconds.

3) Plug in the power adapter but do not release the HOLD

4) Release Power button HOLD

5) Turn the device ON.

Please do let back to me for any other concerns.

Thanks,

Kumar

This didn't work.

Okay. Then its the print heads. From the control panel of the printer, do you see a Maintenance Option. Can you please go to clean Print Heads and Nozzle check? Please let me know if you find any difficulties.

Thanks,

Kumar

Please do let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

Kumar

When I go to clean 'Print Heads and Nozzle check'. I keep getting error #8200 message.
I've followed the message's direction several times to no avail.
Are you available today, Sunday, for a 'Securely connect'?
John, Computer Science Engineer