Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just trying to copy something...../W...... brand new

Customer Question
Just trying to copy...

Just trying to copy something.....B/W...... brand new copier....WF2760......been printing just fine..... first time to try to copy. When press copy getting message that says "paper source setting is invalid". Pressed Details. No matter which setting I choose, get error message "this operation is invalid". Don't know what to do....Please HELP!!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Epson WF2760

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC ....Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just printed some things off and wanted to make copies of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

For what its worth, I'm not an IT rookie

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you trying to Copy/Photocopy? or, are you trying to Print, from the computer?

Your questions are answered in the info I have already provided. Read that.

Check the Copy settings, advanced settings perhaps, on your printer itself, in its menus. I advise you to consider carefully whether the paper size is set correctly. Also examine whether it is set to 100 % size, neither enlargement nor reduction.

Entered question on Saturday. You all sent a response which did not help. I did not have time for further chatting. Meanwhile a friend found answer I needed via Google. So I no longer require your assistance. Thanks anyway.

I'm glad to hear the problem was solved by whatever means. I was sure it had a solution, and that I could have helped you find it. Thank you for asking your question here.