Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I try to scan it says check connections, the machine is…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to scan it says check connections

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The machine is mfc j875 dw. I bought a new laptop which prints through brother but brother does not scan/recognize the laptop

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a pc window 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The laptop is brand new and I have it for 2 days. everything is connected except the scanning. the brother does not recodnuze the new laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think this is the one problem only

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

wireless

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

i don't understand what i need to do. I sent you the problem and if i have to pay for each question then i try to solve the problem on my own

You don't have to pay for each post you make on this page. There is only one charge. How do you wish to continue?

just try to find the way to connect the scanner to my new pc

How are you attempting to perform the scan? Are you doing it from the printer itself or are you using an application on the computer?

the printer itself. I put a document on the glass and hit the scan and then to file. I get check connections

Did you install all the software from the CD that came with the printer onto the computer?

I put the cd into the disc drive of the new pc. heard some noises. this is what you mean?

Yes, you have to put the CD into the computer and run the software on the computer. Just letting it spin will not do anything. After you put the CD in the computer, double click the Computer icon and double click the CD ROM icon. That will install the software. Once that is done, you should be all set. Do you want to do that and report back with your status?

computer icon?

The computer icon shows you all the files on the computer. That is the icon I am referring to.